Summary of Responsibilities
Ensures efficient operations of one or multiple locations and/or distribution centers. Responsibilities may include financial management, operational and sales performance and analysis, planning and execution, distribution, fleet management, inventory management, vendor management, and leadership, including performance management. Lead the operation of a small volume distribution center in support of company goals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, strategic and operations planning for the DC, including financial management, operational and sales performance and analysis, planning and execution, distribution, fleet management, inventory management, vendor management, and leadership, including performance management. Provides input and feedback on all operations, processes and results to the Regional Operations Manager.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops a strategy that outlines the capacity planning requirements, including facilities, equipment, and staff, to meet the current and anticipated growth goals of the company.
- Maintains documented procedures for work processes.
- Provides clear expectations on metrics and goals to all site associates. Manages performance of DC management and associates and recognizes, trains, coaches, counsels, and takes corrective action when warranted.
- Manage and coordinate major customer accounts and sales support resources necessary to meet sales goals quota and revenue growth objectives.
- Advise sales representatives on ways to improve their sales performance, achieve goals and obtain expected quotas.
- Coordinate resources for sales programs in assigned area.
- Manages dedicated delivery processes and carrier services. Partners with support staff to ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Understands and uses financial indicators/metrics and profits and losses to measure the performance of business.
- Maintains compliance with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies.
- Manages fleet resources to meet daily customer service delivery requirements.
- Manages slotting and storage layout for optimum efficiency.
- Ensures safety and security of associates, facility, equipment, and inventory. Ensures compliance with processes and procedures to maintain accurate inventory levels and prevent shrinkage.
- 5-10 years experience preferred specifically in valve and automation
- Management experience or strong sales experience
- Industrial, mechanical or refinery/petrochemical/chemical knowledge
Solutions require analysis and investigation.
Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises
Environmental Job Requirements
- Typically, in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.