Summary of Responsibilities
Develops customer relationships by identifying customer needs, informing customers about the company’s products or services, providing solutions and recommending new and better products. Handles customer requests and issues via telephone, fax or email. Coordinates with the outside sales team and other departments to ensure that customers receive the best service possible. Respond to customer order and quotation requests received via outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, written, and faxed correspondence.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provides pricing and delivery information.
- Procures and maintains inventory. Monitors to ensure proper inventory turns.
- Performs follow-up to ensure timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains strong working relationships with vendors.
- Resolves customer service issues. Tracks open sales orders.
- Answer incoming calls from customers and vendors.
- Develop quotations based on customers’ RFQ’s.
- Process orders received from customers.
- Source material when required.
- Continually communicate with customers on inquiry development and order status.
- Knowledge of inventory sales.
- HS Diploma or GED required. 1-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction seeks advice and guidance on non- routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Positive communication skills, both over the phone and via e-mails.
- Team player.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Some basic product knowledge.
- Computer skills: MS Excel and Word.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.