Financial Analyst – Pasadena, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities
Analyze, Prepare and Report financial results to Board of Directors and maintains FloWorks financial systems. May also be asked to provide financial liaison support for multiple Finance functions (FP&A, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, etc.) Develops, recommends, and implements practices throughout Floworks to ensure that financial data accurately reflects the condition of the business or unit and provides reliable information necessary to control operations. Gather disparate data from various data sources; analyze and normalize to ensure data integrity for analysis. Provide consistent, relevant and accurate data as well as guidance/knowledge of the data and definitions that are available for analysis.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manage and optimize the Chart of Accounts maintenance process and provide functional support to users. Work with budget owners on department structure updates for all financial system applications.
- Provide support on ongoing financial processes such as annual budgeting, forecasting, monthly closing, and analysis reporting through maintenance of financial systems.
- Prepare and Issue monthly financial reports to Board to Directors.
- Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of financial system data.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with members of Finance & Accounting team and the business partners that we support. Identify opportunities for technical process improvement in efficiency and reliability.
- Ability to meet expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives
- Strong ability to analyze data using Excel for reporting and data mining purposes
- Assist the team in ensuring that users receive proper systems training and that existing documentation is updated.
- Provide financial liaison support to assigned department directors particularly with budget preparation, monthly reporting and financial analysis as needed.
- Perform system administration, routine maintenance, Data loading and operational support (involving scheduled daily/weekly/monthly tasks and ad hoc data queries).
- Participate in the design, development, testing and implementation of new functionality and processes within new and existing financial applications.
- Works with IT/development teams on software interfaces used by supported third-party applications.
- Provide end user support, troubleshooting and issue resolution for financial applications.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental projects.
- Assist with design and implementation of solutions that support the firm’s finance operation.
- Develop and maintain internal reports and bill templates.
- These duties may be ongoing or ad hoc in nature.
- Other duties may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position.
- Ability to analyze data, communicate with non-financial and non-technical customers and develop recommendations for solving problems while exhibiting realistic understanding of issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized but also creative.
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong work ethic.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, MIS or a related field. Generally 3-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas
- Prior experience in Oracle Hyperion preferred.
- Expertise with MicroStrategy Reporting and MS Excel
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls.
- Basic knowledge of budgeting and forecasting a corporate income statement.
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence and/or team environment; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct “customers” of the process.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.