Branch Manager – Baton Rouge, LA
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for sales and operations in one or multiple locations and/or distribution centers. Responsibilities may include financial management, operational performance and analysis, planning and execution, distribution, fleet management, inventory management, vendor management, and leadership, including performance management. Develops customer relationships and ensures satisfaction through operational excellence.
- Lead position for location(s) approximately $15M or less in revenue.
- Directs all sales and operations activities for the location and is responsible for the execution of sales strategy.
- Develops customer relationships and ensures satisfaction through operational excellence.
- Responsible for talent acquisition and development and retention of associates and adherence to company policy and procedure.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Ensure efficient operations, through adherence to policy and procedure and process excellence.
- Compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Safeguard company assets and associates.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet service, financial and operational support demands. Effectively utilize training programs to develop sales and operations expertise.
- Initiate and build customer relationships with existing and new customers.
- Act as liaison to functional leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Monitor local market trends, develop and execute strategies to grow local market share and aggressively pursue business opportunities.
- Work closely with vendors to maximize sales and increase profitability.
- Accountable for Profit & Loss and Inventory/Accounts Receivable for assigned location. Achieves Earnings Before Interest & Tax (EBIT), Return on Investment Capital (ROIC) and Return on Sales (ROS) goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Industrial distribution experience in flow control industry with deep knowledge of pipe, valves, and valve automation products.
- Exposure to Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
Career Level Dimensions
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline.
- Generally, 7+ years’ experience in related field. May require certification.
- Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.