Summary of Responsibilities
The Global Trade Compliance Specialist (“Specialist”) is responsible for the execution of Imports and Exports operations at FloWorks International LLC and all its subsidiaries (collectively, the “Company”). The Specialist is a coordinating position that is expected to collaborate with all Branches as well as establishing an effective and positive working relationship with Distribution, Sales, Finance and all Legal functions so that all compliance with the Import/Export Regulations are properly maintained. The Specialist reports to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel of the Company and is supervised and provided day to-day direction and instruction from the Global Trade Compliance Manager.
Additionally, the Specialist is expected to maintain records that the Company uses to stay compliant with the Bureau of Industry and Security (“BIS”) and will implement and maintain processes and procedures which keep the Company compliant with the laws and regulations in the United States Code of Federal Regulations. The Specialist will also provide training to all appropriate Company personnel regarding import and export activity.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· Execute all import and export operations across multiple locations
· Assist in managing Company compliance with regulatory (external) and internal policy requirements relating to export licensing, exemption usage and record keeping
· Identify export issues, develop solutions and provide guidance to management on resolving issues to support business objectives while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
· Identify and classify products
· Maintain and determine Export Control Classification Numbers (“ECCN”)
· Screen parties and ascertain if licenses are required for export
· Maintain process procedures to identify international orders for export, and prepare appropriate documentation, while ensuring accuracy and the timely delivery/release
· Implement and comply with the maintenance of documented controls (policies, procedures, processes, and work instructions)
· Interface with internal management and employees of all levels, as well as external customers/vendors
· Assist with the maintenance and performance of regulatory compliance audits
· Perform additional duties and work on trade compliance projects as assigned.
· Must have 1 – 2 years of Operations or Purchasing experience in the distribution environment
· Superior organizational skills and work ethic
· Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
· Ability to make presentations to large groups
· Demonstrable teambuilding skills
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in related discipline preferred
· Intermediate to advanced computer skills required
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.