Summary of Responsibilities
The Inside Account Manager develops customer relationships by identifying customer needs, informing customers about the company’s products or services, providing solutions and recommending new and better products. Handles customer requests and issues via telephone, fax or email. Coordinates with the outside sales team and other departments to ensure that customers receive the best service possible. Responsible for increasing sales within a specified territory through the development of relationships with potential customers and strengthening relationships with existing customers. Responsible for attaining established sales quotas and part margin objectives.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and implements sales plans to expand business in the assigned territory.
- Contacts regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Answers questions about products, prices, durability and credit terms. Prepares estimates and bids to meet specific needs of customer.
- Interacts with customers, vendors, and associates to resolve customer and service related issues.
- Shares market and competitor intelligence with all applicable channels within the company.
- Assigns or delegates responsibilities as needed.
- Demonstrated tele sales experience.
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline.
- Generally, 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.