Summary of Responsibilities
Tends automatic or semiautomatic machines and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation. Monitors related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Performs simple tests to verify production/process conditions. Maintains operating records and reports of test results. Operate or tend one or more types of cutting or forming machine tools. May include such machine tools as band saws, chop saws, hand sanders, and a variety of hand tools.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Operate machines to cut, shape, drill, or mill non- metallic material.
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Align layout marks with die or blade. Set machine stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template. Install machine components, such as chucks or cutting tools, according to specifications.
- Remove burrs or sharp edges from work piece, using file, hand grinder, wire brush, or power tools. Verify conformance to specifications.
- Examine completed work pieces for defects, such as chipped edges and marred surfaces, and sort defective pieces according to defect.
- Perform minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, dies, or work pieces, or adding coolant to machine reservoir.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction.
- Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment.
- Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Typically, in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- No travel required.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.