MTR Clerk – La Porte, TX
Summary of Responsibilities
Using the Metal Trace (MTR) program, retrieve, print or otherwise deliver MTR’s for products on Orders and Transfers for customers both internal and external. Process other related documents as required.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for Printing and collecting Buyout MTR’s form the Metal Trace system and or the suppliers
- Responsible for reviewing the pick tickets to include heat numbers and manufacturer as well as all related notes
- Reviews MTR’s to be sure that it corresponds to the correct product and manufacturer as well as any other special requirements noted on the orders
- Responds to internal and external inquiries from clients regarding MTRs as needed
- Makes copies and distributes as required
- Assists shipping department as needed
- Assists the sales department as needed for MTR requests
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office software and Adobe
- Self-driven with a positive attitude and demeanor
- Good customer relations skills
- MTR experience desired, but not required
- Goal oriented, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines, build relationships and enjoy a team atmosphere.
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Frequent sitting and operating a computer.
- May involve trips to shop and to other offices in the facility. Some exposure to possible shop hazards including high noise, heavy machinery and shop traffic.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.