Quality Inspector (Specialty PFF) – La Porte, TX
Summary of Responsibilities
In this role you will perform dimensional inspections, positive material identification using an alloy analyzer from detailed procedures. This process also requires reporting function using MS Excel or MS Word to generate a final report for records and the customer.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Conducts PMI verification using an alloy analyzer using established methods. Most tasks are performed in the warehouse but could include outside pipe yard and at customer’s facility.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections across all stages of warehousing functions with use of micrometers, calipers and tape measures.
- Maintain calibration of quality control equipment and tools.
- Develop and Maintain reports of results for customers records.
- Evaluate data noting any relevant deviations from existing standards.
- Ensure compliance with company standards and industry standards.
- Identify areas for quality control improvement.
- Communicate quality or compliance concerns with urgency.
- Product handling for inspection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, a mechanical aptitude
- Ability to operate various types of forklifts.
- Ability to perform visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measuring devices.
- Basic understanding of computers, Excel, and Word
- Strong working knowledge of various mathematical concepts including fractions, ratios, and proportions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information.
- HS Diploma or GED required. 2+ years of experience using PMI guns either LIBS or XRF preferred
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction.
- Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Typically, in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes in both inside and outside, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes, upwards of 95% of workday. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, bending or squatting
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.