Technician – Trussville, AL (Triple S)
Summary of Responsibilities
Operates in the field, on-call or provides technical support to assigned customers. Installs, configures, performs problem determination and maintains products and equipment at customer sites, following blueprints, wiring diagrams, and manufacturer’s instructions, utilizing product and technical knowledge of equipment. Repairs or coordinates repair of worn or defective products or equipment. Perform skilled, technical work in the design, installation, testing, calibration, maintenance, and repair for assigned product or process.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provides expertise related to product implementation and continued service.
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic control systems.
- Install, set-up,and commission MOV’s, AOV’s, HOV’s.
- High level of electrical knowledge and theory.
- Provides technical solutions and design implementations for products and services.
- Builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies equipment, parts, components and assemblies.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Evaluates performance and reliability of materials.
- Performs routine analysis and calculation and recommends changes.
- Diagnoses and reports malfunctions.
- Learns and understands particular technical equipment; attends training and completes certification as required.
- 2 year technical degree.
- 3-5 years experience.
- HS Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required.
- Generally 2 – 5 years of experience in area of responsibility (preferred).
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a
senior co-worker or supervisor.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as heat, dust, fumes, and/or odors.
- Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.