Summary of Responsibilities
Ensures efficient operations of one or multiple locations and/or distribution centers. Responsibilities may include financial management, operational performance and analysis, planning and execution, distribution, fleet management, inventory management, vendor management, and leadership, including performance management. Not responsible for sales. Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience.
- HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction.
- Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment.
- Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Typically, in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.