Summary of Responsibilities
Ensures efficient operations of one or multiple locations and/or distribution centers. Responsibilities may include financial management, operational performance and analysis, planning and execution, distribution, fleet management, inventory management, vendor management, and leadership, including performance management. Not responsible for sales. Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area. May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Computer experience.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Ability to understand written material and basic math skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate within the group where members are committed to a common goal.
- HS Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally, 2 – 5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Typically, in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.