Summary of Responsibilities
Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques. Interprets drawings, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate fabrication process. Inspects production/process conditions and inspects completed welds. Maintains operating records and reports of test results. Familiar with protocols for working in a hazardous environment and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. May prepare the materials and set up for a welding device or robot.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Hand welds by GTAW/TIG and by other processes GMAW/MIG, SMAW/Stick and FCAW/Flux Core to join different sizes of pipes, fittings and welding joints.
- Interprets application job sheets and various sizes of welding fittings.
- Analyzes all welds to ensure they are free of porosity and discontinuities.
- Reviews the order ticket and determines the work to be performed meets the customer’s specifications.
- Verifies the final product meets quality control standards.
- Organizes the weld shop area, maintains its cleanliness to avoid contamination of weld materials, and monitors consumable inventory for restock.
- Certified pressure pipe welder. Experience with GTAW/TIG welding of exotic alloys (Monel, Hastelloy)
- HS Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally, 2+ years of experience in area of responsibility or independent certification by a recognized authority.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Typically, in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.